This is an innovative three-level English program for children who have 5 to 8 class hours per week. It develops contents through a Story-based Approach.
The program includes a variety of activities, songs, rhymes and chants that promote the development of communicative skills and multiple intelligences.
It is also based on the portfolio methodology, which encourages children to be autonomous by collecting samples of their work to see how much they have achieved throughout the learning process.
Sunrise Preschool features include:
- Short stories that are developed with the methodological sequence before-reading, while-reading and after-reading. These activities contribute to the development of literacy skills throughout the program.
- Cross-curricular activities that relate the contents of the unit to math, science and social studies.
- Activities that allow children to understand the relevance of a society’s values through short stories. These projects foster children’s oral production.
The series has three puppets which support the learning process of children in a fun way.
Puppets On Stage
Puppets on Stage is the reissue of the preschool series for children between 4-6 years of age and has an intensity of 1-2 hours per week.
It proposes the use of ludic elements, typical in the theater, for learning English. Its name, Puppets on Stage, is due to the fact that children are accompanied by the mascot, Greeny, and also because they build their own puppets in order to interact, play, dramatize and have fun while learning English.
Puppets on Stage registers the preschool children’s achievements and most significant experiences while learning and gives them, their classmates, teachers and parents:
- a continuous and cumulative record of their work.
- tangible evidence of their learning.
- their progressive development in terms of skills.
Greeny the mascot presents the topics and motivates the children to perform the activities, while orally modeling the English language through the use of CDs.
Tic Tac Toe Portfolio
This is a learning kit for preschool children which includes a Student’s Book, an audio CD, stickers and 16 work cards designed as extra material for the Tic Tac Toe program.
The Tic Tac Toe Portfolio is the newest 3-level program for preschool kids to help them learn English. It helps children develop comprehensively in their three dimensions: affective, cognitive and psycho-motor. The portfolio includes games, songs, chants and fun activities that children will enjoy, together with their friendly mascot, DRAGGY.