Puppets On Stage
Lower Beginner - Elementary
This current edition of the successful Puppets on Stage program has many new components including new and extra activities, as well as an exciting new look with different illustrations and photographs.
The new edition:
- is based on the most effective teaching approaches: TPR, task-based and natural approach.
- includes extra practice in vocabulary and communicative skills.
- provides classical tales that encourage students to develop their reading skills.
Lower Beginner - Elementary
Clapping Time, our leading program throughout Latin America, is now Clap, Clap!, a primary course for schools teaching between two and four hours of English a week. It includes the Student’s Book (accompanied by its corresponding audio CDs), the Workbook and a Code to access Greenwich Lab.
Clap, Clap! features:
- Meaningful activities for the development of communicative skills and the multiple intelligences.
- Learning strategies to allow students to comprehend their learning process and become autonomous learners.
- Projects that integrate curricular and cultural contents.
- Mascots and games to have fun while learning.
- Greenwich Lab: online games and evaluations based on an international testing methodology.
Clap, Clap!... A fun way to learn English!
Lower Beginner - Elementary
This series has been developed taking into consideration the standards required by the Common European Framework (CEF); hence, allowing students to develop their communicative skills effectively.
For this reason, Clapping Time features:
- The use of valuable tools based on the most recent approaches to teaching English with a communicative purpose.
- Meaningful activities for the development of communicative skills and multiple intelligences.
- Different strategies that allow students to comprehend their learning process and become autonomous learners.
- Evaluations based on an international testing methodology.
- Projects that integrate curricular and cultural contents in order to use them communicatively.
- Mascots, games, and stories which allow students to have fun while learning.
Clapping Time… A fun way to learn English!
Here We Go!
Here We Go! is a six-level primary school program aimed at achieving the A2 level according to the Common European Framework. Conceived as a trip (for learning a new language is like beginning a new, exciting journey), it offers students the opportunity to learn English in a communicative way while reinforcing academic literacy skills. With an approach based on BICS (Basic Interpersonal Communication Skills) and CALP (Cognitive Academic Language Proficiency), it features:
- A wide variety of activities that help students build the language they need to interact with others.
- Integration of subject area content material to reinforce/develop academic language acquisition and related skills.
- Strategies that motivate students to participate actively in their learning process and foster autonomy.
- Extended pronunciation practice through songs, rhymes, tongue twisters and games.
- Ongoing and summative assessment.
- Projects that consolidate both language and content knowledge while raising awareness on 21st century skills.
- Evaluations that make students familiar with the format of international examinations such as Flyers and Movers.
- Communication: Progression of language use and learning
- Content: Progression of new knowledge
- Cognition: Engagement in higher-order thinking skills: analyzing, synthesizing, problem solving, critical thinking…
- Culture: Identity, citizenship, pluricultural understanding
Beginner – Intermediate
Our 6-level program for primary school children which has been successfully used in many Latin American institutions now comes enriched with an innovative Portfolio and an interesting development of on-line materials at Greenwich Lab.
The series has been shaped with the basic principles of neurolinguistic programming (NLP) and the theory of multiple intelligences, on the premise that children are imaginative, curious, sensible and eager to discover the world by themselves if they are provided with the appropriate tools to do so. The activities in the Sunrise Portfolio lead children to the development of their communicative competence through the stimulation of their multiple intelligences and their different sensorial channels.
- Considers the differences in students’ personalities, likes and interests.
- Is based on the most effective teaching approaches, namely: Learner-Centered, TPR, Task-Based, Cross-Curricular, Cross-Cultural and NLP (Neurolinguistic Programming).
- Helps students with their English learning process by providing activities that stimulate different sensory channels: visual, auditory and kinesthetic (VAK).
- Includes individual and group activities, and motivates students to have fun while learning songs, rhymes, chants, guessing games, puzzles, as well as developing hands-on activities.
- Gives constant feedback; as in the building block methodology.
Includes topics related to children’s environments such as their family, social, academic and personal life.
Learning Science is a six-level series to teach science at a Primary School level. It features scaffolding techniques for students to build scientific thinking as well as cognitive academic language.
The primary interests of the series are to help students enjoy science, think like scientists and envisage science as an important activity in their daily life. The series has been shaped with:
- Constructivist principles which allow students to engage in real processes in order to explore, explain, and build their own knowledge and express scientific concepts in English.
- An inquiry-based instruction to allow children to develop basic scientific skills such as: observing, predicting, communicating, classifying, measuring, inferring, synthesizing, and evaluating, in order to acquire a real understanding by “obtaining” and “experiencing” knowledge, rather than just getting information in a passive way.
- Learning Strategies to help students elicit their strengths and improve their metacognitive, cognitive and socio-affective skills.
- Activities that enhance Cooperative Learning and the development of Multiple Intelligences, while recognizing that when students are given the appropriate tools, they are eager to discover the world by themselves and express their own opinions and feelings within the social context.
Learning Science promotes problem solving activities and provides the opportunity to develop communicative competences as students have to use vocabulary and expressions to communicate the results and concepts learned.
A partnership with WWF, World Wide Fund for Nature, fosters children’s awareness of their role in building a healthier and happier living planet.